[Alberg30] Autopilots?

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Fri May 25 02:45:57 PDT 2001

I have the Navico TP30. Simrad bought out navico so now, it's the Simrad
TP30.  It's fine sailing to it's internal compass. It could still be
stronger/faster but it's OK. You still need to pay attention or else a good
gust can cause you to round up. I've been having problems trying to get it
to sail to wind by taking a signal from my Nexus system instruments. Before
Nexus, I had my Garmin send a signal direct to it and it was OK at sailing
to waypoint. I bought the TP30 for these interfacing features so, I'm not
thoroughly happy with it. I didn't buy the autohelm unit since it only
interfaces through Seatalk and I resent proprietary systems. It does have a
good reputation though.
Regards,  Brian