[Alberg30] Engine Problems

T. Kevin Blanc tkevinblanc at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 17:31:49 PDT 2001

Running cool isn't the cause, I don't think. This
could be almost anything, I'd suspect a bad condenser
or damaged coil if you are sure it isn't fuel starved.
Bad coils can seem fine until things warm up, and can
be intermitent.
--- "FINKENBERG, Lincoln"
<LFINKENBERG at EMMETMARVIN.COM> wrote:
> Thanks for the input, much stuff I would never had
> thought to check.
>
> I have no thermostat -- so the gray marine runs cold
> -- is this a likely
> culprit to the engine problem described?
>
> Is it a bad idea otherwise to run it cold?
>
> Gypsy #138, Oyster Bay
> Linc

>         I motored for about 20 minutes and the
> engine (gray marine sea
> scout) started to stall out, but when I adjusted the
> throttle down from 1500
> rpm to 1200 it ran fine.  10 minutes later same
> problem at 1200 rpms, now
> I'm down to 1,000 rpm then to 800 etc., and back at
> the mooring.  This same
> problem occurred while it was not under load.  Back
> at the mooring I topped
> off the fuel tank (it was about 60% full) restarted,
> same problem.
>
>         Next morning I start it up -- run it for
> 20-30 minutes it works fine
> under load and in idle.

 | Simrad TP20 w/ FREE remote, on sale at Sailnet. Search "SIMTP20" |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066     |