[Alberg30] Fw: Cooling System

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Thu May 31 15:35:21 PDT 2001

Mike,
Long shot or not, it's a good suggestion. This appears to be a problem for
many people on the A4 list. There has been a lot of discussion about this
and alternatives.
  Unfortunately, The gasket is not my problem. When I bought the new
thermostat for lots of money (several years ago) I also bought several
correct gaskets (comparatively free). I still have one or two unused new
gaskets in my stock.
   I have bitten the first bullet and ordered a new thermostat housing from
Featherman. Strange as it seems to me, it turns out that featherman is the
one selling the cheaper housing now. It's just under $80.00 instead of just
over $100.00. It's made locally (to him) instead of coming from Westerbeke.
At least with Moyer/ Featherman having it made, I feel it should be up to
the task at hand.
   I'll post the results after I install it. If this doesn't do it, I guess
the next step will be an acid or Marsolve Flush. I just find it hard to
believe that my engine could be clogged again.
Thanks for your help/suggestions all,
Brian   #497