[Alberg30] Engine problem

Carl Clarkstone oracle_29 at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 08:12:51 PDT 2001

Try the fuel filter(s), check the fuel pump delivery, carb (for water and
goo), possibly a hunk of goo in the tank is partially blocking the pickup,
but it sure sounds like fuel.
Not to be insulting but be sure the filter is installed with the arrow
pointing the correct way (in the direction of flow). Guess how I know about
this.
Carl

>From: "FINKENBERG, Lincoln" <LFINKENBERG at EMMETMARVIN.COM>
>To: "'public-list at alberg30.org'" <public-list at alberg30.org>
>Subject: [Alberg30] Engine problem
>Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:27:52 -0400
>
>	I motored for about 20 minutes and the engine (gray marine sea
>scout) started to stall out, but when I adjusted the throttle down from
>1500
>rpm to 1200 it ran fine.  10 minutes later same problem at 1200 rpms, now
>I'm down to 1,000 rpm then to 800 etc., and back at the mooring.  This same
>problem occurred while it was not under load.  Back at the mooring I topped
>off the fuel tank (it was about 60% full) restarted, same problem.
>	Next morning I start it up -- run it for 20-30 minutes it works fine
>under load and in idle.
>	Input appreciated.
>	thanks,
>	Linc
>	Gypsy #138, Oyster Bay

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |