What do you clean those hanks with?

public-list at alberg30.org public-list at alberg30.org
Mon Nov 12 10:45:09 PST 2001

Joe,

I've never worried about a little verdigris on the hanks, as long
as they operate smoothly.  When they get a little sticky, usually
you can free them up by operating them a few times.  If that doesn't
work, I'd suggest trying some dry teflon lubricant (available for
lubricating locks).  I'd be wary of petroleum-based lubricants
because they can attract and hold dirt, making the problem worse
than before.  Also, they could stain your sails.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/