[Alberg30] Prop Size

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Mon Nov 19 18:15:54 PST 2001

When I repowered with a universal diesel (18 hp) many years ago, I replaced
the 13X7 2 blade with a 13X12 two blade.  The engine would not get up to its
governered spped of 3200 RPM, only got to 2600 RPM.  I had the prop
down-pitched to a 13X11 and the engine just reached the 3200 RPM and that is
where I left it.  Had significant more power and thrust than the A4 with the
13X7.  Not real scientific but it worked.

Bob Chambers

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |