[Alberg30] Leak around rudder post

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Nov 27 07:26:50 PST 2001

Marc,

I presume you have a newer boat.  I cut the plywood bulkhead in
the port locker in half, vertically.  Then I removed the aft
half.  This gives good access to the rudder post stuffing box.
After adjusting, I put the plywood back in place with screws.

This was written up in more detail in the Mainsheet.  I'll
try to post the article.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |  http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html  |
 | Great notecards for your Christmas greetings |