[Alberg30] Wiring Diagram & Teak Refinishing

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Mon Oct 22 11:15:34 PDT 2001

I completely rewired my boat and can send you a schematic with wire sizes, breakers, etc. I used a Blue Seas Electrical Panels as the starting point and have separate circuits for house batteries and engine batteries, built in charger, battery splitters, Heart Interface voltage regulator, Shore power etc. New Quartz halogen lights interior and deck light. All ancor oversized marine wiring (ie. 1% voltage drop). Each connection is soldered, crimped and then sealed with waterproof shrink tube. Expensive and time consuming to do correctly and completely, but worth it. My lights don't dim when someone kicks on the macerator or water pump. Electrics were the single greatest expense in my boat rebuild.
Alan
Andante #152

On 10/22/2001 at 9:01 AM David E. Mitchell wrote:

>I have recently become the second owner of a 1968 Alberg 30. The boat has
>been in Lake Ray Hubbard near Dallas, Texas, for over 30 years.
>
>I would like to completely rewire the boat. Has anyone undertaken this
>project and are there any wiring diagrams with materials lists available?
>
>All of the bright work on the boat is teak and needs refinishing. What do
>you recommend? Varnish, Cetol, or Teak Oil?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>David Mitchell

-

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |