[Alberg30] Propane Tank installation(Help on stoves too)

Jacques Dusseault dussual at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 22 20:48:18 PDT 2001

We replaced our alcohol stove 6 years ago with a two burner
Force10 propane stove.  It slips in the cut out of the alcohol stove
with minor cutting at the corners.  We installed a horizontal
aluminum 20lb. propane tank behind the aft stay bolted to the deck
and aft toe-rail.  The regulator, electric shut-off valve and pressure
guage are fastened to the adjacent stanchion with a Y valve for our
Force10 barbeque which is mounted to the rail.  We have a gas
sniffer under the stove and one in the bilge.  All joints are external
except the one connecting the stove.  The gas is feed to the stove
through a one piece hose that runs through a sealed hole in the aft
toe-rail.  All chaffe points are protected by running the gas hose
through a plastic pipe.  We are very satisfied with the performance
of the system and the stove.  If you are interested I can send you
some diagrams and some pictures of the actual setup.

Kilwinning #446

On 22 Oct 2001, at 7:15, cbcurrier at spinrx.com wrote:

> I have been discussing with my wife the fact that the old alcohol
> stove just doesn't heat like we'd like it to. I have been mulling
> around the idea of putting in a propane stove.
>
> With regards to propane storage, I have an external locker with
> regulator but have no idea where to effectively place it.  I have seen
> some boats that have the tank mounted on the deck by the mast and
> others that have an inboard locker.  What is the best way to add
> propane to the boat and store the tank?
>
> Also along these lines, I would like to consider 2 types of stoves, 1
> that is of a drop in design and one that takes over the countertop
> location of the old alcohol stove.  Any additional suggestions would
> be most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> C.B. Currier
> Infinity #57
> Daybreak #458

Jacques Dusseault
President, Synergem Management Inc.
2 de Menton, Gatineau, Québec,
J8T 5M6 CANADA
Phone:(819)561-1268
Cellular: (613) 220-2230
Fax:(819) 561-2361
Email: dussual at attglobal.net
Web Page: http://www.synergem.org

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |