[Alberg30] Wiring Diagram & Teak Refinishing

win alled wallred at olg.com
Wed Oct 24 18:07:58 PDT 2001

The trick is to not let the coating get in poor condition (which isn't hard if
you recoat each year).  Assuming the hull still has a glossy look, just wash her
down well and put on 3 or 4 coats of NG.  Remember, any spots such as tar, etc
that are not removed will be sealed in until you strip the hull.  NG makes a
stripper which is basically an amonia solution and it isn't the worst job in the
world to strip the hull but you can probably avoid it with minimum diligence.

Win

Tom Sutherland wrote:

> Win,
>
> What kind of preparation is needed each year before reapplying the "Nu
> Glass"? Do you have to remove the old "Nu Glass" before applying the new
> coat? (If so what with.) Or do you just wash it down good and wipe on
> the new coats of NG?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom S
> # 412
>
> win alled wrote:
>
> > Another product that has significantly redudced my maintenence work is Nu
> > Glass instead of wax.  I can Nu Glass my hull and topsides before launch in
> > less than 1/2 the time, and 1/4 the labor it is taking my neighbors to wax,
> > plus, my fob will last all year and they are lucky to get 6 months out of
> > the wax job.

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |