[Alberg30] Lazy jacks

Dave Rutherford drutherford at hpedsb.on.ca
Sun Oct 28 04:43:16 PST 2001

I want to thank everyone for responding to my inquiry.  It is obviously
a topic with a multitude of viewpoints both for and against.
In searching the web I came across a product called the Sail Caddy which
is produced here in Ontario.  It is an interesting design made of
fibreglass battens that when retracted lie against and parallel to the
boom and rais up from the boom to catch the mainsail.  From first glance
it appears to avoid many of the problems associated with lazy jacks and
wondered if anyone has heard of these and what the feedback is.  Their
web site is www.sailcaddy.com.