[Alberg30] Cabin Insutation

James Otton jotton at acuson.com
Thu Sep 13 02:45:24 PDT 2001

I also own a open 40 for solo racing Trans. Atlantic Around Alone et and
have the same concern about keeping the cabin warm and cool depending on
the latt. I used a product call Heat Shield a very thin space age type
of film. The gentleman that sold me the product and developed it is or
was a NASA engineer working in the space industry. It worked great
keeping the cabin temp. much better than the outside. It is also used to
insulate ice boxes and what a difference that made. I wrapped a standard
cooler in it and did a 1000 mile race in 90+  degree days (took 8 days)
and still had ice in the cooler you may want to contact .
Heat Shield Marine
 Bill Mosher
 Phone: 256-830-2676
 Fax: 205-830-2972
jim otton Alberg 30 # 494

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |