[Alberg30] Winter Storage

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Mon Sep 3 21:39:28 PDT 2001

Our cover, given to us by our late friend Bill, who owned an
Alberg 30, is a large black tarp.  The secret appears to be
the large tubes sewn into it at several intervals.
These are 4 - 6' tubes of tarp material, about 2' in
diameter, and they are attached around the perimeter of 2'
diameter holes in the tarp.
These tubes hang down, blow in the wind, and apparently
supply enough ventilation, but do not permit rain or other
precip to get underneath.

Of course, in our climate, we also leave an old mooring line
over the top, to scrape off the snow when it gets too deep!

Marianne King-Wilson
Windward #369

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |