[Alberg30] Thermostats...Beating a dead horse!

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Thu Sep 6 13:17:52 PDT 2001

Several months ago there was a discussion about the pros and cons of running
the A4 without a thermostat. i.e.: the motor running cold... carbon build up on
the plugs and other unwanted elements generally screwing up the works. All that
said  I went out a purchased a new $73.00 thermostat to replace the one that
has been jammed in the open position for I don't know how many years. To make a
long story even longer I have had no satisfaction yet. the new thermo. is doing
its thing but I suspect the bypass is doing its thing also and the engine is
still running just as cold as it has for years.  So what gives besides my
wallet? How do I get the bypass to close so the thermostat will do its thing
and hold the water in the block long enough to warm up? Werei n fresh water so
there is no closed system here. Lake water in lake water out.

Frustrated in Bathtub Mary, Greg

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |