[Alberg30] Towing by bow cleats

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Fri Sep 28 13:01:30 PDT 2001

Someone commented about this.  I checked the backing on mine last weekend--
a piece of metal angle bar had been installed that caught the aft two bolts
on each cleat, but the fwd. two were anchored through the deck alone.  Same
for the stern cleats.

I would definitely add backings to all of those ASAP in anticipation of any
heavy tow loads.  I'm going to use a piece or two of .5" ply with giant
washers.  Steel would be better, I think.

Randy  #249

Randy Katz
Gr. 3
Bertschi School
2227 - 10th Ave E.
Seattle, WA. 98102
USA
206-324-5476 X301

 | Boat stuff. Good prices. FREE shipping to the end of September. |
 |    http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066    |