[Alberg30] Towing by bow cleats

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Fri Sep 28 13:41:15 PDT 2001

well on that note maybe you should reference the note earlier by Gord
Laco...

	"Hello there,

	In normal use, the plate gets compression only, I wouldn't worry too much
	about re-inforcing for side loads.  UNLESS, you have someone on board who
	grew up around keel stepped masts and secures an anchor rode or tow line to
	your mast.  Down she would come!

	Gord
	KC426 Surprise"

Seems to me though there are 4 bots that affix the mast to the Deck ...
towing ingeneral is just a pain in the ... in a pinch go around the mast or
around the deck cleats.  I can tell you that the cleats on both of my boats
are in great shape and can withstand 2x the displacement of the boat. I keep
one on a mooring & all is well with the foredeck cleats.

Wouldn't worry too much.  Sounds like the best thing to do is sail anyway.

C.B. Currier
Infinity #57
Daybreak #458