[Alberg30] roller furling

baileyje at voyager.net baileyje at voyager.net
Fri Sep 7 05:26:09 PDT 2001

"Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com> wrote:
> Why did you decide to remove it? Not work OK?
> Alan
> Andante #152
>
> On 9/5/2001 at 9:45 AM baileyje at voyager.net wrote:
>
> >I just removed my Pro-Furl furler.  Would anybody like to buy it or
> >trade for a tiller pilot.
> >
> >John Bailey
> >"Zevulun"  #33

Alan,

>From accounts of others who have furlers, mine worked fine.  However,
occasionally it would jam.  Usually the rope would get caught on
something.  I quite new to sailing and believe it to be my ineptness
more than the system.  At any rate last year while my boat was on the
hard all summer being worked on, I sailed a friend's Alberg 35 with
hanked on sails.  I grew to like the simplicity and ease of use.  This
year my forestay snapped.  When I took everything down to replace the
forestay, I decided now was the time to change to hanks.  Old
traditionalist that I am, it just feels better.

John Bailey
"Zevulun" #33

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |