[Alberg30] Hull two part paint

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 06:02:19 PST 2002

Hi Scott, I have a couple of comments. 1. Leave spraying to the
professionals. 2. I have painted decks with both 2-part (Interthane Plus)
and 1-part (Brightside) and  found that the 2-part was tricky to deal with
but was very durable. As the temperature andd humidity change, even a minor
bit, the paint mix needs to change. Never paint in the late afternoon or
late evening, the overnight dew can ruin your work. The brightside is far
more forgiving and easier to work with, but doesn't have the durability. I
expect that using brightside that the deck would need repainting about every
6-8 years as compared to 10-12 with the 2-part. I have high hope for the new
Toplac which is touted as being more durable and beeter UV.