[Alberg30] Thanks re: engine stringersMike, Michael, & George

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Sat Apr 20 13:09:18 PDT 2002

Many thanks for the feedback.  The A-30 website about the engine lift was
very helpful and that's what I'll go for: a few very handy tips there and
the photos added a lot.

There is definite breakage on the std stringer.  It's formed of an upside
down L shape, and evidence of cracking/breaking along the edge where the two
legs of the L are joined is plain.

I was wondering about attempting to prop up and fill the L in order to make
a filled-in U shape, but it seems that if we're going to go so far as to
tackle it at all, we may as well do it right.

I will check the alignment first as per Michael's suggestion, but that being
fine won't alter the fact of the collapsing.

Thanks again to all
Randy

--
Randy Katz
910 - 32nd Ave
Seattle, WA. 98122
(206)-323-1941

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |