[Alberg30] Original thru hulls

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 14:36:37 PST 2002

The head discharge is is 1-1/2" and is not a problem. I don't think that all
thru-hull fittings have the little nibs, but I could be corrected on that.
The ones to be concerned with are the small ones (head intake). On the
outside of the hull, scrape all the paint off, and see if there is something
that appears to be a washer, or the remmnants of one, and if there is you
may very likely have one of the old original home-made fittings - replace it
(about $10). If you see pink colored metal on any thru-hull, check it
carefully, it may need rep[lacing too (home-made or not).