[Alberg30] Fw: Jib sheet tracks.

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 18 05:21:16 PDT 2002

John:

I've just finished painting my deck A30 # 150 (looks really good). I
removed all four jib tracks. Unlike other Albergs my genoa track sits on
the deck not on the toe rail. The spacer underneath the genoa track is
that white nylon material they make cutting boards out of. I had very
little trouble taking them off (two person job one on top one inside).
They cleaned up nicely and I reinstalled them using sykaflex as a
bedding compound. The jib track's spacer was teak which was completely
gone so I replaced it with a 3/4 X 3/8 piece of cutting board material (
I actually ripped an old cutting board on the table saw). Now it is in
place bedded with sykaflex and looks great on my newly painted deck.

Charles Haggart