[Alberg30] RE: Reconstructing/Rebuilding Interior of Alberg30

Bruce MacDonald Hullhaus at attbi.com
Mon Apr 29 13:42:19 PDT 2002

on 4/29/02 4:25 PM, Emhill2 at aol.com at Emhill2 at aol.com wrote:

> We are considering the purchase of an Alberg30 whose cabin has been seriously
> altered and in state of chaos.  It has a relatively new diesel engine.  The
> affected areas are especially, the galley, the side berth has been removed
> and the head was relocated to the V-berth area.   In addition, bulkheads have
> been partially cut away and removed -- a "hack" job.  Should we just forget
> it and look further?    We need advice, plans, specs or drawings to assist.
> Can anyone direct us or advise us?
>
> Edwin

There are plenty of Alberg 30's around and for sale. Check this site as well
as www.ablboats.com and www.yachtworld.com. Prices range from 8K to 25K. If
possible, get a survey. There are enough problems with old boats without
inviting more. I would avoid the turkey you are now looking at, and go for
the best intact A30 you can find, at the best price.
Good Luck,
Bruce MacDonald

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |