[Alberg30] RE: Reconstructing/Rebuilding Interior of Alberg30

vinegar joe snarkbuster at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 17:15:46 PDT 2002

the boat you're considering sounds very familiar....i
believe that it sat here in milwaukee for several
years....original asking price was $15K and i heard
that it ultimately sold for about $5K.  when it left
our area it also was missing the toerail.  my
understanding was that the owner had great plans for
the boat, but quit midway through carrying them out.
the head in the v-berth was especially problematic to
me, but the diesel looked brand new and it appeared to
me to be a good buy at $5K if you had the time to undo
some of the things that had been done and complete the
various other jobs that were needed.  you definitely
would have a project on your hands. btw, i think the
boat was called "trade winds" or something like that
when it was here.
vj
--- Emhill2 at aol.com wrote:

> We are considering the purchase of an Alberg30 whose
> cabin has been seriously
> altered and in state of chaos.  It has a relatively
> new diesel engine.  The
> affected areas are especially, the galley, the side
> berth has been removed
> and the head was relocated to the V-berth area.   In
> addition, bulkheads have
> been partially cut away and removed -- a "hack" job.
>  Should we just forget
> it and look further?    We need advice, plans, specs
> or drawings to assist.
> Can anyone direct us or advise us?
>
> Edwin

>  | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code
> JDCSM-18 ** |

http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066

http://health.yahoo.com
 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |