[Alberg30] stern tube repair

sousa, stephen sousa_stephen at emc.com
Tue Apr 30 17:30:55 PDT 2002

I had the same issues with removing the stern tube in #114. Under all that
sealer you will find a hose clamp, it seems that you are taking the boat
apart not really. The replacement stern tube that was installed in #114 was
2 inches longer than the original. This modification cured that problem.
Another idea is to install a dripless stuffing box by PSS, I do not have any
water enter the bilge, this is the best $175 ever spent. Some people have
issues with the bellows, a family member has been running the stock PSS
units for 12 years in a 30 foot Black Watch without any issues.

Regards,
Stephen
Carina Vela