[Alberg30] Hull two part paint

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Mon Apr 1 18:09:53 PST 2002

Thanks for your tips!  I can't afford thousands of dollars for a pro spray job,
but I could buy paint and roll/tip...I am intriqued by the Toplac paint you
mentioned.  Who is making it?

Thanks again,

Scott

Mike Lehman wrote:

> Hi Scott, I have a couple of comments. 1. Leave spraying to the
> professionals. 2. I have painted decks with both 2-part (Interthane Plus)
> and 1-part (Brightside) and  found that the 2-part was tricky to deal with
> but was very durable. As the temperature andd humidity change, even a minor
> bit, the paint mix needs to change. Never paint in the late afternoon or
> late evening, the overnight dew can ruin your work. The brightside is far
> more forgiving and easier to work with, but doesn't have the durability. I
> expect that using brightside that the deck would need repainting about every
> 6-8 years as compared to 10-12 with the 2-part. I have high hope for the new
> Toplac which is touted as being more durable and beeter UV.

 | Get in gear for an early Spring with SailNet's ten percent discount |
 |  *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***  |