[Alberg30] Water tank woes

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Aug 5 15:18:51 PDT 2002

Hi group,
    A few years ago I received some advice on this list re: refinishing my water tank on #497. I succesfully completed that project.  It included removing, modifying, and rebedding the aluminum cover as well as filling a few minor cracks and coating the interior of the tank with a safe waterproofing sealer. I've since sold the boat and don't have my old notes anymore (if I kept notes on this project).
    One of my freinds is doing a similar project and has asked me for advice on what to use to waterproof the inside of his potable water tank. I know that I know the answer, but I just can't remember what I used.
    Can anyone out there remind me what the proper product to use is?
Thanks in advance,
Brian         ex  #497