[Alberg30] Re: SOSpenders Questions

EddieDiver at aol.com EddieDiver at aol.com
Fri Aug 16 19:46:08 PDT 2002

On the "Emotional Resc ue" #303, we all wear West Marine automatics with
built-in harness. We have added a Storm whistle and a strobe light. If the
plastic wrapping is covering the CO2 cartridge within the harness it has
never gone off when hit with a wave or rain.

Practical Sailor magazine, Oct. 1, 2001 issue discusses all types of pfd's.
The letters to the editors in the Feb. 1, 2001 issue discusses some of the
things to CONTINUALLY check for. It seems that vibration from putting on and
taking the vest off can loosen the co2 cartridge sufficiently so that the pin
does not pierce the catridge sufficiently to fire it. Also watch the
stitching on the harness. "W" type is best ; the usual "X" has some
weaknesses. It's all in the articles. Ed. Schroeder
 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |