[Alberg30] dripless stuffing box...

faerthen felix ffelix at lycos.com
Sun Aug 25 10:27:08 PDT 2002

Thanks Stephen--that's what we wanted to hear! I'll contact you later if we run into any more questions...

FF
Nisus

>Felix,
>
>I installed this system and it has run flawless since installation. I have
>other sailing friends that have logged 10 years with the same experience.
>Placing the o-rings on the shaft once installed in the stainless ring is
>extremely critical. I used vegetable oil on the shaft and made sure that the
>burrs around the key way were filed down. On some of the A30's the stern
>tube is buried in sealant, this needs to be trimmed so the bellows can clamp
>to the stern tube.
>
>Any other questions please inquire.
>
>Stephen
>Carina Vela

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access,
No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus
 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |