[Alberg30] Alberg 30 Fair Market Value

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Mon Aug 5 08:12:12 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/5/02 10:08:59 AM, Dwalker at cemcocpa.com writes:

>tell her to take the boat and give YOU the cash she thinks it is worth

Much as you love the boat, this is exactly the right advice.  If she's valued
the boat at $30,000, then have your lawyer tell her lawyer that she gets the
boat, and you get the credit.  This will force the issue.  If she REALLY
Thinks the boat is worth $30,000, then you win -- you can go out with the
cash and buy two more.  If she doesn't, it forces her hand in negotiation.
"I cut, you choose."  If she won't take it at her valued price, then make her
state a price at which she is willing to take the boat, and then you get to
choose whether to take the boat, or make her take it at her price.  It works.

The trick to surviving divorce is to avoid getting hung up on things.  Much
as you love ARGO, there are hundreds of Albergs out there, and many good ones
on the market.  When you get hung up on a thing, it just gives your wife a
pressure point to break you with in negotiations.  Don't let her break you
with ARGO.  If it comes to that, let her go (ARGO, of course!) and get
another.   Once your wife realizes that you are at peace with letting ARGO
go, chances are she'll back down quickly, rather than risk ending up with the
boat herself.

Please excuse my presumptions -- I don't know either of you.  If I'm way off
the mark, well, the advice is worth every penny you paid for it.

Sanders McNew.
 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |