[Alberg30] A4 over heating

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Aug 12 15:27:35 PDT 2002

If your blockage was after the thermostat housing, you wouldn't be getting
water out the exhaust in your earlier tests. When you say,
"I removed the thermostat housing and ran the engine for a moment and
water is reaching the housing,"
do you mean it barely trickles out or it comes gushing out? It should gush
out.
You probably need a good block flushing or you have a serious blockage at
the "T" fitting where water enters the engine. If the water gets past the
"T", there are many paths for it to flow through to get to the thermostat.
After the thermostat, the path is the same in all of your tests.
Regards,
Brian