[Alberg30] Pre-Rookie Question

Dan & Gay dpinson at attbi.com
Mon Aug 12 19:17:40 PDT 2002

The previous owner of my A30 had a "conversion kit" for the v-berth. It
consists of 3 smallish boards that fill-in the V plus 2 pieces of foam to
lay over those boards. I assume multiple pieces were used so that they can
be readily stowed. For example, each of the boards can just be placed under
the mattress on one side of the V-berth. For sleeping (at anchor or not
heeled) it's nice and it's a low-tech/cost solution. The trade-off is set-up
and take-down. The seams or spaces between sections of foam can be felt;
however, we use a holloffil (dacron) sleeping back laid flat over the whole
area for a sleeping pad.

..Dan

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |