[Alberg30] Block Island

Christos Katehis GreekSailor at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 13 16:46:37 PDT 2002

Brian,

The 3 weekdays prior to Labor Day as well the weekend of Labor Day chances
are slim that there will be any moorings; I went through that on July 4th
and they told me the same happens on Labor Day. However, I anchored on Block
Island for 4 weeks with no problem as far as anchorage.

I don't know if I told you but I got hit by a 50' power boat at 7 am! The
bow casing of the A30 is very very strong, it put 2 - 12" holes in the side
of the power boat. The guy's props cut one of my anchor lines and twisted
the other anchor line on his shaft bringing him smashing into the my bow, he
tried to maneuver away only to come back for another smack (and hole ).
Kasias' damage; bent turnbuckle, other than that we had a dandy time.

Hope Free Spirit breaks the Atlantic zone!

I'll be at anchor in the New Harbor;
Pop an e-mail prior to your departure or call me. 917 902 1327

Chris

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |