[Alberg30] A4 over heating

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Wed Aug 14 10:12:25 PDT 2002

on the starboard side(assuming the flywheel is the towards the bow) where
the t connector fits onto the motor, or behind the alternator. Where the t
connector fit is a good source of potential blockage. First try taking off
the connector and see if it is blocked. It should be made of brass but water
scale can stop it up. Likely this may be the first and most logical problem.
 Also look at the lines running from the h20pump. Make sure they are clear
as well.Only do the removal of the inspection plate if all else fails. This
could be a bear to get back together.

C.B. Currier

Infinity #57
Daybreak #458

PS Got another a4 coming ... Now 7

John P Reber said:

> C.B. Currier wrote:
>
>> Try www.moyermarine.com
>>
>> One acid wash I beleive is muriatic acid. Which I beleive accomodates
>> removing the "scale" from the inside of the motor. The best move is
>> first to
>> drain the motor, pull the starboard inspection plate into the
>> waterjacket.
>> run a shop vac and suck all of the debris. Then force air into there
>> and blow .  This will make a bit of a mess but will help. Then close
>> up  and try
>> the acid flush by placing the water intake into the solution you
>> choose. Sorry I do not have the correct flush recipe.
>> But for the most part I have had more success with scale and
>> obstructions by
>> chasing them down with a shop vac.
>>
> Where is this inspection plate, I just looked at photos from the A4
> manual (online at htp://www.geocities.com/atomfour/) and didn't see an
> inspection plate.
>

>> PS anyone need an atomic 4? I got 6
>>
> WOW, and I thought I was lucky having 2.
>
> --
> John P. Reber
> Perdida, Alberg30 #456

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |