[Alberg30] Auto helm / Cape Horn SS

Christos Katehis GreekSailor at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 21 16:26:22 PDT 2002

I have installed the Cape Horn wind vane and have attached to it as
suggested by the manufacturer an ST1000 tiler pilot.

The ST1000 has the ability to adjust its response time by adjusting three
things: boat average speed; correction scope; and sea state; it is truly a
very simple machine after you conquer the set-up stage.
This is my second year using it. It took a while to configure it properly
and learn how to use the two together, but after the 3 weeks frustration it
has been smooth sailing! I had Yves install my Cape Horn and I must say he
knows what he's doing! especially on an A30.

If you would like to see the cape horn / ST100 configuration look at these
pictures:

http://community.webshots.com/album/47805469EZCOJk

Christos

Kasia # 383  Edgartown - Marthas Vineyard