[Alberg30] Stick wiring help needed

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Wed Aug 28 08:15:18 PDT 2002

On my boat I put the steaming light on a separate switch from the running lights. My reasoning is that the running lights are used when you are sailing at night and (I assume) the steaming light for when you are motoring at  night. My anchor light is separate because it is only used when I am at anchor.

I chose to rewire Talisman because the wiring was old and something of a rat's nest as a result of previous owner add-ons.

>>> JWATSON2 at twmi.rr.com 08/26/02 08:41PM >>>
Hi Folks:

Thought I would share the good news.... I stepped the mast on the A30 and
rewired the steamer light. While I was wiring I figured, what the hell and
added an anchor light. Still working on my wiring though. It appears that
current is not passing through normal channels. I had to wire-in my port and
starboard running lights in series with the steamer light and the anchor
light (port is anchor, starboard is steamer).

I noticed a wire diagram posted from the A30 web site. Helpful but hard to
read. My big question to you generous folks is:

Does the anchor light run on its own through the first or second position of
the running light switch on the panel?

I traced the wires from the panel and didn't see a separate lead for the
anchor light. The whole boat is wired with lamp cord and consequently should
be replaced. I guess I have a second question:

Does anyone have a complete wiring diagram for the whole ship?

I have some ideas on running the anchor light on a separate circuit but I
would like to do this right. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
CaVa A-30 1968

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |