[Alberg30] minicruise schedule

R.C. Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Sun Aug 18 15:55:02 PDT 2002

<Either way could you please provide us with more details of the 3 cruises.
Ie. starting point, duration ... .>

Well, as they say, that depends.  You will be starting from Canada. I will
start from the Middle Chesapeake, 40 miles south of Annapolis.  Most of the
Annapolis Albergers start from...you get the point?  Our "minicruises" are,
shall we say, unstructured.  The single requirement is that you get to the
destination sometime on the day (more or less) of the cruise.  I would
suggest that you shoot for 1400-1600.  If the weather is not exceptionally
bad, you will need rafting lines and fenders. Saturday arrival, Sunday
return to wherever you came from. Our races are equally unstructured, and
start near Annapolis. If interested, call the racing Com.

As for the Fall Rendezvous, it is a good party which is the official kickoff
of the Fall Cruise known as the "Wild Goose Chase."  The cruise has earned
this name because it is a migration--of a sort-- to areas of the Eastern
Shore of Maryland known to be stopping points of certain migratory species,
not all of which are birds (this may mean you!). The Rendezvous will be at a
private home in Annapolis, accessible by water. Call Mike Lehman (the
cruising commodore) for directions.  Hailing the Alberg commodore's boat by
VHF will usually get you an answer from somebody on the day of the event. Be
prepared to ante up $10-$15 for your dinner per head.

The cruise itself is, not to put too fine a point on it, usually good
sailing in good weather, a movable party, and great fun. Plan on a week;
traditionally, it begins the Sunday morning after the Saturday rendezvous;
the last day is Columbus day.

Rob Alley