[Alberg30] Gordon Proctor--Mr Alberg

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Fri Dec 6 19:21:23 PST 2002

As you may know, Gordon and his wife were active in the Canadian Power
and Sail Squadrons (CPS).  On that maillist, he is remembered fondly by
many old friends, including Past Chief Commander Bill Booth.  He gave
permission to share this with you.
Funeral arrangements are noted below.
Marianne King-Wilson

-----------------------------------

Gordon and his wife May were active  from the early days of CPS. Gordon
joined the Toronto Power Squadron in 1953, held  Certificate No. 501 and
had been awarded  Merit Marks for 43 years of service.

I have two fond memories of Gordon and his wife May.
Social functions of the Toronto Squadron were always held on Friday nights.
This was the night that May was busy with the Boy Scouts.
Gordon always attended the Toronto functions and to prove to May that he
was present he would have many of the ladies sign his program.

The second event happened in New York City. However to back up, a bit.
The 1966 conference was held in Halifax. The Conference Committee in
Halifax
(by means fair and foul) arranged to have the RMS Sylvania diverted from
her Liverpool to New York run and call in at Halifax.

Most of the members attending the Conference boarded the ship for an
overnight trip to New York.

Vera and I were walking along 5th Ave.(as I recall) when we noticed a
bit of a disturbance coming toward us. Suddenly out of the curious crowd
appeared Gordon and May.

They were resplendent in kilts and CPS jackets.  May was wearing her CPS
Blazer, however Gordon was wearing his CPS uniform jacket complete with
his Pilot Wings (World War II), two rows of Medal ribbons and all his
CPS regalia. It was quite a sight.

They were walking side by side in perfect step with their kilts swinging
to do a Scotsman proud.

Bill
P/C/C W.M.Booth N

Funeral Arrangements:
The visitation for Gordon Proctor will be next Wednesday,
December 11 from  2- 4 p.m. and 7 -9 p.m.
at York Chapel, Turner & Porter
Windermere & Bloor St.
Toronto

Funeral to be held 11 am Thursday Dec 12.

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |