[Alberg30] Fuel cells

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Dec 3 12:02:52 PST 2002

If your original tank was located in the center of the boat as it is in my boat (your number is above 409), what do you intend to do with that now vacated space?

>>> peter.amos1 at btinternet.com 12/02/02 05:18PM >>>
I installed a West Marine (Tempo)18 gal diesel tank in the starboard cockpit locker on a liner model A30.Sitting on the liner it is snugly against the hull and does not intrude into the locker storage space.If the tank had been 1" lower,or the liner ledge an inch lower it would have simplified the task a lot..I repositioned the deck filler so that the tank fill opening is directly beneath it  and can use a calibrated dipstick to check fuel level and pump the tank out if necessary for cleaning or condensation removal.Connecting the deck fill to the tank fill opening was the trickiest part through tight access.That is where an extra inch would have made a lot of difference.Without the liner you can glass in a platfom at just the right height.The tank is secured by a 2"x"2"  across the front fixed to the ply bukheads at the forward and aft ends of the locker  spray foamed between the back of  tank and hull and the top of the the tank and the deck.The very short length of rigid !
fill hose also helps to prevent movement.The West Marine web site shows the tank at $174.99 and there are port or starboard models.The WM codes are 107268 and 435891.The tanks are suitable for gas or diesel.After roller furling on the headsail it is the best modification I've made.
Peter Amos
Tait #478

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |