Fwd: RE: [Alberg30] Cockpit drains

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Thu Dec 5 12:09:18 PST 2002

Mike,
My thought was to run a separate bilge hose to each of the 2 orphraned "T" fittings, coming from 2 separate electric bilge pumps. I would have redundancy on the pumps, the hoses, and the thru hulls.
Jay
 Mike Lehman <sail_505 at hotmail.com> wrote: Hi Jay, I doesn't seem right to "T" a bilge pump to a drain hose somehow. If
the thru hull fitting were ever to fail (God forbid), not only would you
have water coming in but your ability to pump out the water would be lost
too. It just doesn't seem like a good idea. I wonder how the insuracne
companies would feel about "sharing" a drain/bilge pump thru-hull? Anyone
else with thoughts on this?

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505