[Alberg30] Re. Woodstove

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Thu Dec 19 13:57:06 PST 2002

I use driftwood that I pick up from the shoreline near my dock. It is
hard to start, but burns well once it gets going. I use small pieces of
duraflame logs as firestarters. I bought a box of them back in October
and still have about 1/4 of the box left. I never tried charcoal,
because I was afraid it would make too much soot. As it is, my charley
noble gets pretty black, but I haven't gotten much soot on deck.

I haven't figured out how to stuff the thing full enough with wood that
it is still going in the morning. Currently I wake up with cold feet...

ciao