[Alberg30] Tiller Pilot

John Bailey baileyje at voyager.net
Mon Feb 11 19:36:02 PST 2002

I'd like to get the smallest, simplest (cheapest) tiller pilot that would work for my Alberg 30.  I will use it very little and only when single handing.  I notice they all have a rating for the displacement of the boat.  If the sails are trimmed properly, is there any reason I couldn't use a smaller unit.  I've practice sailing without using the tiller, only adjusting the sails.  The boat handles quite well with no pressure on the tiller.  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

John Bailey
"Zevulun"  #33