[Alberg30] Tiller Pilot

baileyje at voyager.net baileyje at voyager.net
Wed Feb 13 05:04:57 PST 2002

> > Hi John:
> I have been looking at a windvane which seems to be the perfect
solution. Check out www.capehorn.com They claim that they have the
cheapest and most efficient on the market. They put out a video which
shows a single handed 28,000 mile circumnavigation in an Alberg 30.
During the whole of the 100 minute presentation the windvane does all
the steering. It is even claimed to be efficient in wing on wing light
air situations. I plan on ordering one in the future. Each one is
built to fit the boat it is going to be installed on and is guaranteed
for 28,000 miles or one circumnavigation.
> Regards,
> Peers Pendlebury, SUBEE #333

>  |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear.
|
>  | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 ***

> Peers,

A wind-vane wouldn't be much use where I sail.  I plan on putting one
on "Zevulun" at some time, but not now.  It doesn't come close to my
"cheap" requirement.  I have the video you mention.  It is great and
all Alberg 30 sailors should have access to it and watch it.

John Bailey
"Zevulun" #33