[alberg30] A-30: Stinky insulation?

Mon Jan 21 06:58:21 PST 2002

Joe,

I'm really glad to hear you're sailing in the Caribbean, now.  I
hated to think of you giving up that boat.

Two points of concern:
  1. galvanized pipe.  I've heard that you should use black iron
     pipe for the exhaust, as galvanized can give off toxic fumes
     from the zinc.
  2. teflon anti-sieze.  Teflon is quite toxic when overheated
     and I've heard that it will give off toxic fumes when used
     on the exhaust.

Both of these warnings are somewhat second-hand, but I think you
should give them some consideration.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/