[Alberg30] holding tanks

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Thu Jan 3 12:28:25 PST 2002

I am new Alberg 30 and am in search of a holding tank for my boat. I have reviewed the materials from last year on this topic and would like to share my experience so far on this matter.

1. The information in the Alberg 30 Maintenance Manual appears to be confused when compared with the current Kracor catalogue.

The catalogue says that mold 5057 holds 15.5 gallons or 58.8 liters. Mold 5022 holds 17 gallons or 64.4 liters

It looks like the manual writers wanted to say that 5022 will fit in the Alberg 30. They just got the capacity wrong.

I make a template (not a full scale mock up) for both and it appears that both will fit.

2. Kracor as advertized is expensive for a one of a kind basis. Their price was in the $380.00 range.

3. Sealand tanks are available for through Northeast Marine Sanitation. They have the equivalent of the Kracor 5057 (15 gallons) for $235.00. If you want the outlet on the top the price goes up to $281.43 and with shipping to about $294.00

4. Ronco does not seem to make a tank that will fit in the port side of the boat. They do make a bow tank B102 HD which will go in the bow but might require some modification of the bulkhead to make it fit. Delivered with the fittings where you like for about $100. The capacity is 13 gallons.

5. Raritan makes the equivalent of the Kracor 5057 (15 gallons). The walls are 3/8 like Sealand so it might hold a little less. Raritan rates it at 14 gallons. The model number is 14d208014. the price with the fittings where I want them is $176.00  I have to purchase the elbows, etc. They also sell the equivalent of the Ronco B102 for the bow of the boat for $172.00.

6. If you purchase the Raritan tank through defender you can save another 15 % and te