[Alberg30] Hull 432

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Fri Jan 18 11:03:23 PST 2002

I have recently purchased hull 432. I am interested in reconstructing as much of the history of the boat as possible. What I have learned so far is not much - that it was originally named gemini, that it lived in salt water for some time, that it has been in Lake Erie near Cleveland for about a decade and has had two owners there and that it once had a holding tank with a macerator pump and was able to discharge waste into the "sea", that it has had its deck beam and its forward shroud chainplate repaired, and that based upon the condition of the current sails (its second set I presume), it seems to have been sailed lightly in recent years ( I am not sure how many, however). Its sail number is 273.

So here is my question: can anyone tell me anything about the history of the boat? owners? how long it was owned by various people?  race perofrmance/record if any? good stories associated with the boat or its previous owners? Anything else of interest?

If you do not have information to share but know of methods that can be used to churn up some of this informatiobn for a senior sailboat, I would like to hear about that too.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |