[Alberg30] BUC criteria

greg greg at vandenbergphoto.com
Mon Jan 21 09:40:51 PST 2002

   Margo and I are homing in on another boat and I am not sure as to how
to approach the BUC (bluebook for boats) guide lines. We are looking at
a boat that has not been up-graded in at least 20 years and is 37 years
old. She has just been maintained in her original condition. BUC goes
plus or minus from its recommended price but I am not sure as to weather
or not to minus things such as original wenches, original upholstery, no
electronics, no windlass, early roller furling, old recut main and other
sails. Nothing new... except replaced CB... unknown reason. It has
refrigeration and hot and cold pressure water, if not stock it was
installed over 20 years ago. also has SS wood/ coal heater. A plus for
us is it is a fresh water boat with 3 owners... the current owner for 20
years... Hummm. Any comments are appreciated.
Kindest Regards- Greg

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |