[Alberg30] Anchor Windlass - Delta Anchor - Swim Ladder

Taylor Echlin taylor at echlinvests.com
Tue Jan 22 07:34:39 PST 2002

Could I get comments from people please:

1.  I am considering purchase of a Lofrans Royal manual windlass.

My primary anchor is a Bruce 10 kg (which is 22 pounds).  I have 35 pounds
of 5/16 inch high test grade 40 chain and 250 feet of 1/2 inch nylon rode.
I also have a bad back - which is the reason for buying a windlass.  We sail
all over Lake Ontario - and will take the boat to the four other Great lakes
for cruising.

I don't want to buy an electric windlass - cause it's just one more thing
that could break down.

Does anybody have one of these on your Alberg 30s - or had experience with a
Lofrans Royal manual windlass???

2.  My secondary anchor was a Brydon Boy that came with the boat.  I don't
like it.

I am considering purchase of a 22 pound Delta anchor which will be my
secondary/backup anchor.  My bow roller is designed for both the Bruce and
Delta 22 pound anchors.   Does anybody have experience with a Delta????
What anchors do you guys use???

3.  What boarding/swim ladders do other Alberg 30 owners use.  Last year I
bought one of those 4 step over-the-gunwale ladders that only cost about
$89.  It works fine - but I'd like something better.  What do you sailors
have on your respective Alberg 30s.

Many thanks in advance for your comments.

Taylor
--
Taylor Echlin
le papillon - KC 612

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |