[Alberg30] CB A30 hats

sousa, stephen sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Jan 3 16:32:35 PST 2002

Patrick,

The A30 Association has an experienced sail maker in the Annapolis area, his
prices are very competitive off hand I cannot remember his name. I am sure
someone from the list will respond. I live in the New England area and used
Banks in Rhode Island.  Banks added a luff tape to the Jib and 170 for the
ProFurl also supplied a new main, 140 and sail cover. They modifed the main
by adding more roach which provides great light air performance, the
downside I have to reef at around 15 knots. The total cost for this job was
$3750.

Specs:    Cruisemate Plus 6.5 oz Dacron (Main)
               2 reef points
               1 full batten
                  draft stripes
                  foot shelf

               Cruisemate Plue (same for 140)
               foam luff pad
               white uv cover (requested less weight than sunbrella) not
good for tropics
               reefing reinforcements and draft stripes

Hope this helps.

Stephen