[Alberg30] Boom Height

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 05:10:00 PST 2002

I shared your problem being 6'-1" tall. On the slide track on the mast I
raise the boom to it's highest position and put a bolt through the fitting
to hold it there. When I leveled aft end of the boom with the topping lift,
I had plenty of head room. Now with a fixed boom, I use a main cunningham to
make adjustemnts to the luff tension and I release the topping lift when
sailing to allow the main to trim properly.