[Alberg30] Re: Holding Tank comments

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Sun Jan 6 11:01:38 PST 2002

    When I was investigating a tank for my boat (#249) the folks at Marine
Sanitation here in Seattle routinely allowed me to borrow the tank I thought
was the closest size for a try-out fitting.  It saved me the hassle of
template making, rough measurements did fine.

    I bought a Sealand tank (15 gal, wedge shaped)-- hoses, too, at
$3.80/foot--  mostly at the recommendation of Practical Sailor who say that
Sealand's stuff is built thicker and therefore is more odor retardant.

    The Raritan PHII-E toilet, also rec'd by Practical Sailor, is just fine,
though a bit more on the pricey side.  I added a hand pump for oversides
dumping, allowed in Canada, but not in the States.  I can also pump out
using the usual mechanical means, of course.

Randy Katz
Gr. 3
Bertschi School
2227 - 10th Ave E.